Predator Awareness and Action Seminar (PAAS). Presented by Bella’s Vineyard and BellaQ Dance Studio
To learn more visit https://bellaqdancestudio.com or to schedule a presentation for your school, church, community or organization contact “Bella” Denise Ceballos Viner: labellaqdancestudioATSYMBOLgmail.com
The purpose of the seminar is to provide teens and their parents with valuable information regarding the dangers of internet child predators, crimes against children, and human trafficking/child prostitution.
Each of the sessions will be instructed by local law enforcement officials whom have years of experience in each of their respective fields. These subject matter experts will bring valuable insight, based on real cases they have worked. The children and parents in attendance will have the unique experience of learning from law enforcement professionals in an interactive environment, where the three areas of Internet Crimes Against Children, Crimes Against Children and Human Trafficking/Child Prostitution will be explored.
Each of the interactive informational segments will be two hours in length and will be taught by experienced professionals from each discipline.
Time: 9 AM to 11 AM
Cost: $125.00 for all 3 days package, or $50 per seminar (a la carte)
FINAL SESSION FREE on November 10, 2018
Location: Brazilian Arts Studio,4113 North 7th Avenue,Phoenix, AZ 85013
The following is the schedule of instruction, along with a few respective facts:
- Saturday, October 27, 2018: Internet Crimes Against Children.
- 2 out of 5 missing children, between the ages of 14 and 17, are missing due to Internet activity.
- Approximately one in seven youth online (10 to 17-years-old) received a sexual solicitation or approach over the Internet.
- Thirty-four percent (34%) had an unwanted exposure to sexual material — pictures of naked people or people having sex. https://www.guardchild.com/statistics/
- Saturday, November 3, 2018: Crimes Against Children (Sexual Abuse)
- Only 10% of sexually abused children are abused by a stranger.
- Approximately 30% of children who are sexually abused are abused by family members.
- About 60% of children who are sexually abused are abused by the people the family trust. https://www.d2l.org/the-issue/statistics/
- Saturday, November 10, 2018: Sex Trafficking
- In Arizona, 1 in 3 at-risk and homeless youth have been trafficked.
- The average age that a child is first trafficked in Arizona is just 14-years-old (8th and 9th graders).
- Pimps/traffickers target runaway or “throwaway” teens or those who are having trouble at home. https://www.raisingarizonakids.com/2016/02/sex-trafficking-arizona-youth/